- Promotes relaxation without drowsiness.
- Helps ease stress and everyday nervous tension.
- L-Theanine from Green Tea Leaf.
L-Theanine is derived from tea leaves. It was originally discovered as a major constituent of green tea in 1949. L-theanine contributes to tea’s impact on mood and relaxation. While younger tea leaves tend to be richer in caffeine level, older leaves tend to be richer in theanine level. In commercial production, theanine level can be increased during the withering of tea leaves.
L-Theanine promotes relaxation.
Studies show that L-theanine may help relieve stress by inducing a relaxing effect without drowsiness (Berkeley Wellness. . Theanine: Calmness in a Pill? Retrieved from http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/other-supplements/article/theanine-calmness-pill).
- In a Japanese study in the Journal of Physiological Anthropology, college students who took L-theanine experienced less anxiety and had smaller increases in blood pressure when under psychological or physical stress than when they took a placebo.
- Similarly, another Japanese study in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior found that graduate students who took L-theanine experienced less anxiety (as measured by a questionnaire and by a salivary marker for stress) when they were assigned stressful work in a pharmacy, compared to a placebo.
- In a Canadian study in Alternative Medicine Review, L-theanine improved some aspects of sleep quality in boys with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
1 Capsule 1 time per day.